Elliptic and Theta functions

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg9129] Elliptic and Theta functions
  • From: "Mr. Kashif Rasul" <krasul at solar.maths.monash.edu.au>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 10:01:47 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,
	I want to rewrite EllipticPi[-n,phi,m] where n>0, in terms of elliptic
theta functions but when I try this, I seem to get the wrong answer. Can
any one help me?
	Also if any one can tell me how Mathematica calculates EllipticPi, it
might help because I suspect the algorithm for doing EllipticPi might
use theta functions.

Thankyou in advance.

Kashif Rasul