Infinite sums

Hello,

I recently typed in the following example from page 833 of the version
3.0
Mathematica book into version 2 of Mathematica.

Sum[x^n/n!, {n, 0, Infinity}]

The book says that Mathematica should simplify this to E^x However in
version
2.0 of the program this does not work (ie it does not simplify the
expression
at all) Is this a limitation of the previous version that it cannot
simplify
infinite sums?

I tried other sums which also simplify (ie I can do them on paper) but
they
don't simplify either.

Any help on using Mathematica for infinte sums in general would be
appreciated.

Thanks,

Jonathan