how to read file line by line?

Assuming input file like that:
	10 15 30.0
	10 30 6.0
	5  30 4.0

how can I read it, line by line, and discard lines with '15'  as a
second word?
I know that I can read the whole file into a big list and then create a
list of records using Select, but this does not help on large files.

The required approach is to read in only lines satisfying certain
criteria. --
charles loboz
to reply: remove please.no.spam from the address