Strange Font Behavior, cant turn off bold!
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg9205] Strange Font Behavior, cant turn off bold!
- From: Roark at localhost.localdomain (Michael Shannon McPherson)
- Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 02:03:18 -0400
- Organization: TecInfo LLC
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I have a strange problem with Mathematica 3.0 for linux. I'm running Redhat 4.2 with the 2.0.30 kernel. I copied all the Fonts from the Unix Directory on the Mathematica CD and put them in the Fontpath as indicated by /etc/X11/Xconfig. Ok, so here is the problem. When I start Mathematica, it defaults to a 12 pt. Courier bold font. That's ok, so I change it to some other font or size and start typing...everything seems to work great. However, as soon as I hit the return key the font resets to courier-12-bold. It is VERY annoying because I have to reset the font every time I hit return. Is this a known bug (or feature?) of Mathematica? Is there a way to fix it? Basically what I want is for the font to stay what I set it to be until I change it. is there any way to get this? Any help will be GREATLY appreciated! please CC a response to Roark at watervalley.net as my news server is very unreliable Thank you very much! Michael McPherson