Strange Font Behavior, cant turn off bold!

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg9205] Strange Font Behavior, cant turn off bold!
  • From: Roark at localhost.localdomain (Michael Shannon McPherson)
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 02:03:18 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I have a strange problem with Mathematica 3.0 for linux.  I'm running
Redhat
 4.2 with the 2.0.30 kernel.  I copied all the Fonts from the Unix
Directory  on the Mathematica CD and put them in the Fontpath as
indicated by  /etc/X11/Xconfig.

Ok, so here is the problem.  When I start Mathematica, it defaults to a
12 pt.  Courier bold font.  That's ok, so I change it to some other
font or size and  start typing...everything seems to work great.

However, as soon as I hit the return key the font resets to
courier-12-bold.   It is VERY annoying because I have to reset the font
every time I hit return.
 Is this a known bug (or feature?)  of Mathematica?  Is there a way to
fix it?

Basically what I want is for the font to stay what I set it to be until
I  change it.  is there any way to get this?

Any help will be GREATLY appreciated!

please CC a response to Roark at watervalley.net as my news server  is very
unreliable

Thank you very much!