Re: notebook autosave in 3.0?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg9170] Re: notebook autosave in 3.0?
  • From: Sudeep Kumar Palat <Sudeep.Palat at item.ntnu.no>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 02:02:45 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

>>>>> "Dave" == Dave Harvatin <dtharvat at brain.uccs.edu> writes:

Dave> I can only address the Windows version of Mathematica 3.0.  If you
give Dave> a cell in a notebook the "Initialization Cell" property then
Dave> save the notebook, Mathematica asks if you want to autosave.

[...]

Dave>   It is saved with the same name as the notebook file, but with
Dave> the .m file extension instead of the .nb file extension. Thanks
for the reply.  But I was refering to "autosave" that would save the
notebook after every command is executed (the way Mathematica version 2
did) to care of crashes etc.

The .m files are autosaved when the notebook is saved - manually.

Dave> On 9 Oct 1997 01:37:20 -0400, Sudeep Kumar Palat Dave>
<Sudeep.Palat at item.ntnu.no> wrote:

>> Mathematica 3.0 on sun-sparc-solaris 2.5
>>
>> I have set the notebookautosave option on but the file itself is
>> not updated nor can I find any autofile files.  I have searched all
>> over for it - does autosave work and if so, where and under what
>> name does it save the files?

sudeep