Help - Mathematica bombs out on loading <<Calculus`LaplaceTransform`

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg9197] Help - Mathematica bombs out on loading <<Calculus`LaplaceTransform`
  • From: bt585 at FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Michael Chang)
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 02:03:10 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hallo!

I've been having problems running Mathematica 3.0.1 on Win95.  I am
trying to load in <<Calculus`LaplaceTransform` near the end of my
notebook.  Executing MaxMemoryUsed just before this
<<Calculus`LaplaceTransform` statement yields <4MB.  I have 64MB RAM,
and am only running Win95.

When I try loading in this package, Mathematica complains of

Out of Memory.  Exiting.

This happens even if I give a 400MB disk swap space!  Sometimes, it even
says:

Mathematica could not establish a connection to the kernel. Kernel:
(null)
Low-level MathLink error: The other side closed the link, you may still
get undelivered data.

to affect when I get the error in my notebook, and not *if* I get this
error.  As well, my Win95 resource manager says that I still have >30%
memory left!

Has anyone else encountered this?  I've contacted Mathematica support,
but haven't found an answer yet.

I'd appreciate any and all help!

Many thanks in advance!

Michael Chang