Re: Mathematica 3.0/EXCEL conversions??????
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg9220] Re: [mg9195] Mathematica 3.0/EXCEL conversions??????
- From: seanross at worldnet.att.net
- Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 01:00:33 -0400
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Ray Simpkins wrote: > > Does anyone know if there is software out there that can link EXCEL > spreadsheets into Mathematica and vice versa???? > Ray > > simpkin6 at egr.msu.edu There was Mathlink for Excel, but I think that just allowed Excel to call on the Kernel. I am not sure that the Mathlink has been updated for Mathematica 3.0 and the current versions of Excel. If all your spreadsheet has is numerical data, then saving it as a CSV or other text format then reading it in via ReadList with appropriate options can read in the data.