Re: Mathematica 3.0/EXCEL conversions??????

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg9220] Re: [mg9195] Mathematica 3.0/EXCEL conversions??????
  • From: seanross at
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 01:00:33 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Ray Simpkins wrote:
> Does anyone know if there is software out there that can link EXCEL
> spreadsheets into Mathematica and vice versa????
>         Ray
> simpkin6 at
There was Mathlink for Excel, but I think that just allowed Excel to
call on the Kernel.  I am not sure that the Mathlink has been updated
for Mathematica 3.0 and the current versions of Excel.  If all your spreadsheet
has is numerical data, then saving it as a CSV or other text format then
reading it in via ReadList with appropriate options can read in the