- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg8910] Subscripts??
- From: Gadi Oron <oron at manet.pmmh.espci.fr>
- Date: Thu, 2 Oct 1997 22:57:03 -0400
- Organization: Acces regional Ile-de-France (Univ. Paris VI/VII) - France
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hello again, First I would like to thank all of those who helped me with my questions before (Union and Precision) It helped me alot. So now for the new question: How to use Subscripts?? Subscripts are a very nice and practical idea but gives me some hard time. 1. Subscript[A,1] // N gives Subscript[A,1.] :(( Or: Subscript[A,E] // N gives Subscript[A,2.7...] 2. Giving N[Subscript[a_,n_Integer]]:=Subscript[a,n] Does not work. 3. So you tell me I should use the Utilities`Notation` package, here we go: <<Utilities`Notation` Symbolize[A_1] << Ok put here a subscript. But now: Symbolize[A_2] gives : Symbolize::"boxSymbolExists": "Warning: The box structure attempting to be symbolized has a similar or \ identical symbol already defined, possibly overriding previously symbolized \ box structure." ??? And effectively if you try and use these kind of variables together you will have some really hard time (some would be undefined). So how do I get out of all this?? Thank you again.