redefining 0^0 for BinomialDistribution?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg9317] redefining 0^0 for BinomialDistribution?
  • From: Ted.Belding at (Theodore C. Belding)
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 02:47:32 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

When I try to evaluate something like Table[
PDF[BinomialDistribution[a,s i/(a+ (s-1)i)],j],{i,0,a},{j,0,a}] in
Mathematica, I get errors similar to  Power::indet: Indeterminate
expression 0^0 encountered.

I'm redefining 0^0 to 1 using
In[9]:= Unprotect[Power]
In[10]:= Power[0,0] := 1
In[11]:= Protect[Power]

Is there a better way to get around this problem? Thanks! -Ted

Ted Belding                               Ted.Belding at
University of Michigan Program for the Study of Complex Systems