Re: Subscripts??

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg8960] Re: [mg8910] Subscripts??
  • From: Allan Hayes <hay at haystack.demon.co.uk>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Oct 1997 01:59:28 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Gadi Oron <oron at manet.pmmh.espci.fr>
[mg8910] Subscripts??
> Subscripts are a very nice and practical idea but gives me some
> hard time.
>
> .....So you tell me I should use the Utilities`Notation` package,
> here we go:
>
> <<Utilities`Notation`
> Symbolize[A_1]   << Ok put here a subscript.
>
> But now:
> Symbolize[A_2]
> gives :
> Symbolize::"boxSymbolExists":
> "Warning: The box structure attempting to be symbolized has a
> similaror identical symbol already defined, possibly overriding
> previously symbolized box structure."

Gadi:
You will find a relevant example in the help browser at Add-Ons>
Extra Utilities > Notation > Fuctions in the section Notation
Symbolize and InfixNotation
It looks s if what you need do, after loading the Notation package, is
	1.type input
		A_   (* subscript - *)
	2. select the expression just typed
	3.click on Symbolize[<SelectionPlaceholder>] (*don't type
in Symbolize[  ]*) and then enter the resulting input

Allan Hayes
hay at haystack.demon.co.uk
http://www.haystack.demon.co.uk/training.html
voice:+44 (0)116 2714198