Re: Limit bug in Calculus\Limit ???
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg8554] Re: [mg8488] Limit bug in Calculus\Limit ???
- From: Paul Abbott <paul at physics.uwa.edu.au>
- Date: Sat, 6 Sep 1997 23:16:20 -0400
- Organization: University of Western Australia
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
David Withoff wrote: > Actually, since this limit depends on direction, both answers > are arguably correct. > > In:= Limit[E^(2/y), y -> 0, Direction -> 1] > > Out= 0 > > In:= Limit[E^(2/y), y -> 0, Direction -> -1] > > Out= Infinity However, after loading In:= <<"Calculus`Limit`" you find In:= Limit[E^(2/y), y -> 0, Direction -> -1] Out= 0 which is arguably incorrect? Cheers, Paul ____________________________________________________________________ Paul Abbott Phone: +61-8-9380-2734 Department of Physics Fax: +61-8-9380-1014 The University of Western Australia Nedlands WA 6907 mailto:paul at physics.uwa.edu.au AUSTRALIA http://www.pd.uwa.edu.au/Paul God IS a weakly left-handed dice player ____________________________________________________________________