Re: Memory Leak in 3.0 for students?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg8654] Re: [mg8612] Memory Leak in 3.0 for students?
- From: seanross at worldnet.att.net
- Date: Fri, 12 Sep 1997 04:11:07 -0400
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Stephen Froehlich wrote: > > Why is it that as I do evulations, the Kernel takes up more and > more memory? Is there a leak? If so, is there a fix in the works? What version of Mma are you using and on what system? How are you determining that the Kernel is not releasing memory? (ie. MemoryUsed command, external utility, system crashes, hangs, slow downs, Out of Memory error messages etc.) I have not noticed a memory leak with Mma 3.0 for students on Win 95 nor on 3.0.1 professional on Win 95. You might try Clear-ing or Remove-ing symbols no longer needed. You might also try aborting the Kernel and seeing if the memory returns to the system. ~ ~