Question on Mathematica Signal Processing Packages 2.9.5

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg8635] Question on Mathematica Signal Processing Packages 2.9.5
  • From: "David Keith" <dkeith at teleport.com>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 1997 04:10:49 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I recently loaded SPP 2.9.5 (by Brian Evans, UC Berkeley) from Mathsource
onto a PC running Mathematica 3.0.1 under WIN95. It does not run correctly
-- even the examples -- often complaining that it can't find something, or
treating SPP-defined functions as undefined -- that is just echoing the
input in the output. I installed the package under "AddOns\Applications" as
called for in MMA 3.0.1.

Since I have been able to make error messages go away in several cases by
restoring truncated file names to their long versions, I hypothesize that
is the problem: that Win95 no longer considers the long names equvalent to
the truncated versions.

Is this really the problem?  Or is there something else wrong?  I'd  be
grateful for any help on this.

Thanks,