  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg8674] help with mathlink
  • From: Joe Georger <jgeorger at ll.mit.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 02:49:01 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I have a problem that's been frustrating me for a couple of days.  I'm
trying to call an external Fortran function from Mathematica.  It has a
C wrapper and works from the command line.  But when I stick it into a
function (a few levels down), I get this error message saying the
connection is dead.  At that point I have to reInstall it.  The books I
have don't seem to be much help.  They just do a couple of token
examples.  Any insight into this problem would be greatly appreciated.
Please email me personally.

Thanks,
Joe
jgeorger at ll.mit.edu