Re: matrix

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg8680] Re: [mg8626] matrix
  • From: seanross at worldnet.att.net
  • Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 02:49:08 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Ferruccio Renzoni wrote:

>   Hi All,
>
>   I need to write on file a matrix 100*100 (numerics) produced by Mathematica
>   in order to read it with a Fortran program (I am not very good with MathLink,
>   so that's the easiest solution for me to make a "link" between the two
>   programs). The writing takes too long (it has to be repeated several times).
>   Which is the fastest way of writing on file compatible with Fortran?
>
>   Please e-mail.
>
>   Thanks in advance
>   Ferruccio
>

> --
Make the matrix a huge string.  Then use the string manipulation
commands to remove the commas and brackets and insert return
characters.  Write the string to file.  Note that in Mma3.0.0, the file
I/O is very slow, much slower than in Mma2.2.  This is remedied in
Mma3.0.1.  Perhaps the Mma3.0.0 patch might help.  You can get a patch
from Wolfram, but it is not on their website, so you have to call them
up.