reading in a file?!?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg8789] reading in a file?!?
- From: "Oh...maybe I AM John Keats after all!" <psalzman at landau.ucdavis.edu>
- Date: Thu, 25 Sep 1997 12:26:24 -0400
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hello all, I'm running mma 3.0 on my home pc. I used notepad to edit a file on the desktop, called program: ar_size = 20 alpha = 1 etc...... and tried: << c:\windows\desktop\program << c:\\windows\\desktop\\program << c:\windows\desktop\program.txt << c:\\windows\\desktop\\program.txt to run the file, but nothing worked. what's the correct way to read in this file? thanks! pete -- Never critisize a man till you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way, you'll be a mile away from him and have his shoes as well. -=><=-+-+-=><=-+-+-=><=-+-+-=><=-+-+-=><=-+-+-=><=-+-+-=><=-+-+-=><=-+-+-=><=- Do you hate spam? Join the Coalition Against Unsolicited Commercial Email (CAUCE) at http://www.cauce.org. Actions speak louder than words. Join Today! I BOYCOTT ANY COMPANY THAT USES MASS ADVERTISING ON THE INTERNET