Re: Cursor Problem

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg8809] Re: Cursor Problem
  • From: "P.J. Hinton" <paulh>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 00:33:35 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Bruce Wolk wrote:

> My front end is MMA 3.0 for Windows 95 and I seem to have done something
> that makes my output cells noneditable.  When I try to put the cursor
> into an output cell to copy a part of the output, it changes to
> crosshair in a circle and will not allow any selection within the cell.
> I have tried numerous options in the option inspector to no avail.  Any
> advice?  Thanks.

Click the following menu sequence:

	Cell -> Default Output Format Type

If it is set to "OutputForm", then that explains your problem.  Set it
back to "StandardForm".  For existing cells, you'll need to select the
cell and then do the menu sequence

	Cell -> Convert To -> StandardForm.

This should make the output cell's contents selectable.

--
P.J. Hinton
Mathematica Programming Group           paulh at wolfram.com
Wolfram Research, Inc.                  http://www.wolfram.com/~paulh/