laplace transform

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg8520] laplace transform
  • From: jaime at (Jaime Y. Hernandez Jr.)
  • Date: Thu, 4 Sep 1997 02:20:15 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Dear Mathgroup Members,

I'd like to clarify my question regarding the Inverse Laplace transform
question I raised. I'm actually solving something like this,

        Out[2]=\!\(InverseLaplaceTransform[1\/\(a + s\^k\), s, t]\)

This is actual mathematica output. Mathematica always returns what I input
no matter what value (fractional value between 0 and 1) of k I place,
except if you change s^k with Sqrt[s], i.e. k=1/2. If one places k=0.5 it
does not work. Is the result for using Sqrt[s] only a formula within
mathematica? Anyway, if you have any suggestions on how to solve such a
problem, again I'd be very grateful.
And sorry about the lack of details earlier.