List as variable
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: [mg11938] List as variable
- From: email@example.com (A. T. Roach)
- Date: Thu, 9 Apr 1998 00:33:45 -0400
- Organization: Applied Physics Laboratory
I am a newcomer to Mathematica and am having a little trouble reading in a file. I can get In:= ReadList["flnm",RecordLists->True,Numbers] to read in a file and make a list, but I don't quite understand how to put that list into a variable so that I can work on it. When I try something simplistic like In:= data=ReadList["flnm",RecordLists->True,Numbers] I just get Out=ReadList["flnm",RecordLists->True,Numbers] and In:=data Out=data I would suppose this is something fundamental and simple, but I am not making any progress, so any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks...remove 1001 to reply.