how to compute pi by using continued fraction?

Hello:
    I'm a student of City College of San Francisco. Right now, I have a
project that I've been working on at least 4 days. Yet I still have no
idea at all.
    The purpose of the project is to compute pi by using continued
fraction. Here is the formula.

pi = 3 + ( 1 / ( 7 + ( 1 / ( 7 + ( 1 / ( .... 1 / 7)

that means
                     1
pi = 3 + -----------
               7 + /   1               \
                                   1
                             +   ----
                                    7

Is here any one who has a program that can follow the above formula and
can generate pi?

Jing S. Chen
e-mail: jchen06@hills.ccsf.cc.ca.us