Re: Clifford algebra package?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: [mg12163] Re: Clifford algebra package?
- From: Pertti Lounesto <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 01:46:47 -0400
- Organization: Helsinki Institute of Technology, Finland
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
k y n n <NOSPAMkEynOn@panix.comNOSPAM> writes: > Does anyone know of a Mathematica package for symbolic > calculations in a Clifford algebra? Point your browser to "http://iris.ifisicacu.unam.mx/software.html" for "Clifford: Mathematica package for calculations with Clifford Algebra". In my article "Clifford algebra calculations with a microcomputer", pp. 39-55, published in A. Micali et al. (eds.): "Clifford Algebras and their Applications in MathematicalPhysics", Kluwer, 1992, I compare advantages and disadvantages of various computer programs in doing Clifford algebras. In general, symbolic programs are not efficient in multililinear algebra, for reasons explained in the Section 2 "Why a numerical, not symbolic program?", pp. 40-41, of my article. I have developed a numerical, but quasisymbolic program for real non- degenerate Clifford algebras, CLICAL. You may download CLICAL from "http://www.hit.fi/~lounesto/CLICAL.htm". -- Pertti Lounesto