Re: What is the fastest machine for Mathematica?

Christian Keysers wrote:

> The calculations involve fitting of gaussians to data set, and take
> two long at present (2h30min for each data set requiring 16 * 8 fits).

This seems pretty slow.  Instead of a faster machine I would recommend
optimizing the computation.  Perhaps you could post a sample dataset
and the sort of fit you are attempting?

Cheers,
	Paul

The University of Western Australia            Nedlands WA  6907
mailto:paul at physics.uwa.edu.au  AUSTRALIA
http://www.physics.uwa.edu.au/~paul

            God IS a weakly left-handed dice player