Re: What is the fastest machine for Mathematica?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg13598] Re: What is the fastest machine for Mathematica?
- From: Paul Abbott <paul at physics.uwa.edu.au>
- Date: Fri, 7 Aug 1998 03:08:03 -0400
- Organization: University of Western Australia
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Christian Keysers wrote: > The calculations involve fitting of gaussians to data set, and take > two long at present (2h30min for each data set requiring 16 * 8 fits). This seems pretty slow. Instead of a faster machine I would recommend optimizing the computation. Perhaps you could post a sample dataset and the sort of fit you are attempting? Cheers, Paul ____________________________________________________________________ Paul Abbott Phone: +61-8-9380-2734 Department of Physics Fax: +61-8-9380-1014 The University of Western Australia Nedlands WA 6907 mailto:paul at physics.uwa.edu.au AUSTRALIA http://www.physics.uwa.edu.au/~paul God IS a weakly left-handed dice player ____________________________________________________________________