Re: What is the fastest machine for Mathematica?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg13664] Re: What is the fastest machine for Mathematica?
  • From: "Kenneth R. Foster" <kfoster at eniac.seas.upenn.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 20:58:33 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

The problem in this case may be associated with the ill-conditioned
nature of this problem. Gaussians are not orthogonal functions, and the
program may be floundering among several sets of parameter values, all
of which provide almost equally good fit.

--
Kenneth R Foster
Department of Bioengineering

SSIT Website: http://www4.ncsu.edu/unity/users/j/jherkert/ COMAR website