A Most Annoying Problem

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg13784] A Most Annoying Problem
  • From: "Kevin J. McCann" <kevinmccann at>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 04:18:12 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I am running Version on W95 at home and on WNT at work. On
either system I have the following annoying problem. If I call up help
by highlighting and F1, then click back on the notebook and start to
type, the system beeps at me and in order to actually type in the NB, I
need to click on the NB again.  If I type something like "F" when I
first go back to the NB, it pulls down the File menu as if I were also
holding down the Alt key.

Anyone else have this problem? Is there a solution?