Re: Re: Vector Fields - another question

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg14979] Re: [mg14968] Re: Vector Fields - another question
  • From: Jurgen Tischer <jtischer at col2.telecom.com.co>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 03:59:01 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Lori,
as far as I could find out, the option HeadScaling->Relative which
should do what you want, doesn't work with ListPlotVectorField. So I
played around with a hacked version of ListPlotVectorField, here it is.
Don't blame me, I know it's awful.

<<Graphics`Arrow`

norm[x_] := Sqrt[x . x]

makeArray[{x_,y_}]:=Arrow[x,x+y,HeadLength->.01 norm[y]]

Of course you adapt the HeadLength function to your needs.

varray = Flatten[Table[
  {{i,j},{Random[Real, {-0.7, 0.7}],
      Random[Real, {-0.7, 0.7}]}},
                  {i, 10}, {j, 10}],1]

This is a modification of the example of the Help for
ListPlotVectorField, note that I have to give the coordinates for the
bases too. The rest is to show how to use it.

nvarray=makeArray/@varray;

Show[Graphics[nvarray],AspectRatio->Automatic]

You'll have to scale your arrows by yourself, I doubt you can have a
graphical representation of 4 magnitudes, but at least it's up to you
to shape your graphic to your gusto.

Jurgen