RE: Re: Re: Mathematica Ouput: subscripts and superscripts

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg15112] RE: [mg15071] Re: [mg15058] Re: Mathematica Ouput: subscripts and superscripts
  • From: "Ersek, Ted R" <ErsekTR at navair.navy.mil>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Dec 1998 03:59:12 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

evans.nospam at gte.net  wrote:

>I think there should be a means of declaring *all*
>subscripted symbols to be symbols.

The Notation package can do what you want. An ASC conversion of the code
is shown below.

(**** Get the Notation Package  ************) <<Utilities`Notation`

(**** Symbolize Subscripted Variables ******)

\!\(\*
  RowBox[{"Symbolize", "[",
    TagBox[\(_\__\),
      NotationBoxTag,
      Editable->True], "]"}]\)

Also:
At Conference98 Neil Soiffer showed us how to do something very tricky.
As I recall he showed us how to make it so subscript variables are
considered symbols only when the subscript is an integer.  (not for the
faint at heart!)

Cheers,
Ted Ersek