Re: Monte Carlo simulations on a Mac??

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg15120] Re: Monte Carlo simulations on a Mac??
  • From: gray at (Gary L. Gray)
  • Date: Sat, 12 Dec 1998 03:59:17 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

In article <74o0in$48g at>, chiku at (Bjorn Blomberg)

> Is Mathematica for Macintosh good for risk-analysis/uncertainty
> estimation?
> I have used "@risk" from Palisade Software (plug-in to MS Excel) on a PC
> doing Monte Carlo simulations in order to estimate the uncertainty of
> the outputs in a spreadsheet with multiple variables/inputs. Now I want
> to do similar calculations, but on a Macintosh computer. Therefore, I
> would like to know what software is best for this purpose on the MacOs
> platform.

I would post this request for information to:

It is quite likely that someone there will be able to help you.

Good luck,

Gary L. Gray                    Engineering Science & Mechanics
Assistant Professor                       Penn State University
mailto:gray at                         (814) 863-1778