Re: Monte Carlo simulations on a Mac??
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg15120] Re: Monte Carlo simulations on a Mac??
- From: gray at engr.psu.edu (Gary L. Gray)
- Date: Sat, 12 Dec 1998 03:59:17 -0500
- Organization: Penn State University-Engineering Science & Mechanics
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
In article <74o0in$48g at smc.vnet.net>, chiku at bluewin.ch (Bjorn Blomberg) wrote: > Is Mathematica for Macintosh good for risk-analysis/uncertainty > estimation? > > I have used "@risk" from Palisade Software (plug-in to MS Excel) on a PC > doing Monte Carlo simulations in order to estimate the uncertainty of > the outputs in a spreadsheet with multiple variables/inputs. Now I want > to do similar calculations, but on a Macintosh computer. Therefore, I > would like to know what software is best for this purpose on the MacOs > platform. I would post this request for information to: comp.sys.mac.scitech It is quite likely that someone there will be able to help you. Good luck, -- Gary L. Gray Engineering Science & Mechanics Assistant Professor Penn State University mailto:gray at engr.psu.edu (814) 863-1778 http://www.esm.psu.edu/HTMLs/Faculty/GGray.html