package loading

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg15154] package loading
  • From: Don Keefer <dkeefer at>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 03:11:26 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

O Knowers of Mathematica,

I have written a function to be used as a mapping application and have
wrapped it up nicely in a package, using the general format that is
described in the Mathematica Book.  My problem is that when I load
mathematica and try and load the package using Needs or << the package
does not load.  The error message I get from Needs is something like:
No open, Context Borders was not created when Needs was called.  I have
checked and rechecked my syntax, and the package loads nicely when I
evaluate the cell that contains my funcion.  In addition, when I call
Needs, I have made sure to specify the file to look for that contains
the context definition, and I have made sure that the proper
directiories are specified in Path. Suggestions as to the source of the
problem are appreciated.

Keefer				dkeefer at
Groundwater Geology Section		217-244-2786