I need to find the correlation coefficient

...of a set of data based on several statistical models but cant do it
with mathematica! My points are
data={{1,16.5},{2,15.3},{3,14.0},{4,12.5},{5,12.3},{6,14}}; Does anybody
know how one can do such a thing? There seems to be a command
correlation[xlist,ylist,Scalemethod->method] but i dont know what
either of the constituents of this command are! What is an xlist? or a
ylist? And what are the options for method? Any input will be most
gratefully accepted! Thanks!