tab spacing

Is there a way of setting the tab spacing on a per paragraph basis?

I did find the option TabSpacing in TextOptions under Formatting Options
in the option inspector but that way I can only change the option
globally, i.e. for my front end, not for the actual notebook or just
one cell in the  notebook.

I am using Mathematica 3.0.1 on Solaris.

Thanks in advance,

  Henrik Weimer