  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg15196] Re:
  • From: Andrzej Kozlowski <andrzej at>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 04:01:30 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Here is an example which might (or might not) be like what you want:

for example if "numbers" is a file containing   the numbers 1,2,3,4
(each on a separate line) then square["numbers","squares"] will give a
file "squares" containing the squares of your numbers, again each on a
separate line. You can vary this to deal with different types of data
in your input file, including numbers separated by commas etc.

On Fri, Dec 18, 1998, Don Keefer <dkeefer at> wrote:

>Good Morning,
>I'll make this as short as possible - I have written a function that
>reads in a list of data, modifies it, and writes it out to an external
>file.  I would like to be able to specify the output filename as a
>parameter to the function.  In other words:
>When I try this is doesnt work - it just names the outfile "outfile".
>How can this be done?
>Keefer				dkeefer at
>Groundwater Geology Section		217-244-2786

Andrzej Kozlowski
Toyama International University