Installing Mathematica 3 problems

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg15245] Installing Mathematica 3 problems
  • From: wembley2531 at
  • Date: Sun, 27 Dec 1998 03:58:36 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Help! Trying to install mathematica 3 and am having tremendous problems
- after unpacking the files from the .z archive in the \windows\temp\
directory - the setup program crashes with the following error:

    Mathinstaller has encountered an error.

The file (instx.dll) seems to be unpacked and in the above directory.

Anyone got a clue as to what my problem is?

I'm running Win98, and have Mathcad 7 Pro installed already - is this
something to do with it?

Tom Arthur,
Worcs. UK