``Live'' Graphics

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg15265] ``Live'' Graphics
  • From: Theodore Nikitopoulos <tnik at hol.gr>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 01:50:27 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear colleagues,

I have found  a release note on Version 2.2.3 of Mathematica for IBM
RISC System/6000 Computers a feature supported, called Live graphics
which is described in the Mathematica User's Guide. Personally I am
using Version 3.0 of  Mathematica on a Wintel system.

In order to use this feature, it says that you must able to run the
Graphics Library (GL). For example, to run GL on a RS/6000 system, you
need one of the following hardware components:  a 3-D Color Graphics
Processor adapter; a POWER Gt4, POWER Gt4x, or POWER GtO adapter; or a
RISC System/6000 POWERstation 730 with the Supergraphics Processor
Subsystem.

I would like to know if this feature is still on support and where I
could find more information about it.  Should a system need special
hardware ?  Is this feature currently supported by  SGI systems, using
an OpenGL graphics subsystem ?

Thanks in advance,
Theodore Nikitopoulos