ContourPlot help

I use Mathematica 3.0 on a Mac and I would greatly appreciate it if
somebody could help me with the following, very simple question:

How can I label my contour lines with their respective value?

I already spent too much time trying to find something by myself, and
since this seems rather trivial, I thought that someone has already
figured it out.