Re: Active Plots

  • To:
  • Subject: [mg10900] Re: Active Plots
  • From: "P.J. Hinton" <>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 20:15:37 -0500
On 11 Feb 1998, Larry C Linik wrote:

> After I have generated a plot I would like to be able to read the
> coordinates  of points of the curve using the mouse cursor.  Can this
> be done in  Mathematica? If so has any produced a package that does
> this?

I'm not sure what you mean by "read."  You can get the Mathematica 3.0
front end to display the coordinates of the location of your mouse
pointer within a 2-D graph by doing the following:

1) Click on the graph, so that its bounding box appears.

2) Move the mouse pointer within the graphic.

3) Hold down the Mod1 key (Unix).  The x-y coordinates will be displayed
in the status area at the bottom of  notebook window.

I think the equivalent keys for Windows and Macintosh are Ctrl and
Command respectively, but don't quote me on that :-).

P.J. Hinton
Mathematica Programming Group  Wolfram
Research, Inc.