Re: Active Plots

  • To:
  • Subject: [mg10929] Re: Active Plots
  • From: Paul Abbott <>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 20:16:11 -0500

Larry C Linik wrote:

> After I have generated a plot I would like to be able to read the
> coordinates  of points of the curve using the mouse cursor.  Can this
> be done in  Mathematica? If so has any produced a package that does
> this?

This functionality is built-in. See section 1.3.4 of the Mathematica
book (as found by doing a search for coordinates in the Help Browser).

If you past the following cell into a Notebook and click on the
hyperlink it will take you to the appropriate section of the on-line

  "Coordinates, interactive selection of, ",
    ButtonData:>{"1.3.4", "4.15"},
}], "Text"]

The University of Western Australia            Nedlands WA  6907  AUSTRALIA

            God IS a weakly left-handed dice player