Re: Exporting animations to MPEG or AVI?

  • To: mathgroup@smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg10909] Re: Exporting animations to MPEG or AVI?
  • From: "P.J. Hinton" <paulh@wolfram.com>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 20:15:53 -0500
On 11 Feb 1998, Matt Sottile wrote:

> Is it possible to export an animation sequence from Mathematica v3.0 to
> an AVI or MPEG?  I've looked at the help files, searched for AVI and/or
> MPEG, and nothing turned up.  The documentation for Graphics`Animation`
> also provides no help.  Is this possible, or do I need to do something
> like using an external tool to assemble the frames into a single movie?

The Mathematica notebook front end does not have built-in mechanisms for
exporting animations into either of these formats.  You'll probably
have to export each frame in the animation as an external file and then
use an external utility to create the final product.

--
P.J. Hinton
Mathematica Programming Group           paulh@wolfram.com Wolfram