any ideas on this ?

I am having a problem with a set of 3 non-linear equations in three
unkowns. They have to be solved with a non-linear method such as
findroots. The reason that i am not bothering to post the exact
equations is that i feel it is irelavant to the question i have. With a
system of m non-linear equations in m unknowns, how does one go about
determining the starting values the findroots requires for each of the
m variables? I have looked through my numerical texts, they explain
nicely how to solve the system, but no explanation on how to get the
starting points for iteration? Any help on how to obtain the starting
values in general would be appreciated.

Troy

s2700114     NOSPAM  @nickel.laurentian.ca