Re: Deleting subscripted functions with arguments.

Alvin Larson wrote:

> While using Mathematica v3.0 on Windows 95, I am unable  to delete a
> function that I have defined with a subscript. I have defined A_n[x_]
> := 2 x, where _n is subscript n or [ctl]_n.  Using Clear[A_n] or A_n =.
> does not work. A copy of the session  is shown below.  Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks, .... Al Larson

Alvin:
See Help>Help>Add-ons>Extra Utilities>Functions In[1]:=
<<Utilities`Notation`

Using the palette that is produced, enter

        Symbolize[A\_n]  (*abridged notation, \n means subscipt n*)

To symbolize all subscripts use

        Symbolize[_\__]

--
Allan Hayes