Re: Deleting subscripted functions with arguments.
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: [mg10989] Re: Deleting subscripted functions with arguments.
- From: Allan Hayes <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 03:39:56 -0500
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Alvin Larson wrote: > > While using Mathematica v3.0 on Windows 95, I am unable to delete a > function that I have defined with a subscript. I have defined A_n[x_] > := 2 x, where _n is subscript n or [ctl]_n. Using Clear[A_n] or A_n =. > does not work. A copy of the session is shown below. Any suggestions? > > Thanks, .... Al Larson Alvin: See Help>Help>Add-ons>Extra Utilities>Functions In:= <<Utilities`Notation` Using the palette that is produced, enter Symbolize[A\_n] (*abridged notation, \n means subscipt n*) To symbolize all subscripts use Symbolize[_\__] -- Allan Hayes Mathematica Training and Consulting Leicester, UK email@example.com http://www.haystack.demon.co.uk voice: +44 (0)116 271 4198 fax: +44 (0)116 271 8642