Re: list combinations

Daniel Sanders wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have a bit of bother here about creating a list.  The problem: Given a
> set of lists of the same dimension, example
> list={{1,2},{2,3},{5,6},{7,8}}, I want to join them in sets of two such
> that every combination is joined.  So, if list is of Dimensions={5,2},
> the new list will be of Dimensions={10,2,2}.  I think that states the
> basic problem.  I want to use standard issue Mathematica functions
> without calling up a package, or simulating the style of another
> program language like Pascal.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.
>
> Dan

I am not exactly sure what you want to do here.  If you could give a
simple example perhaps I could be of more help.  Whatever you want to
do, I am sure you can do it with the standard list manipulation
functions like:  Join, Map, MapThread, Thread, List, Take, Reverse,
Transpose etc.
--
Remove the _nospam_ in the return address to respond.