Importing .pix files .

Hello everyone,
   I have a .pix file in my c:\drive. It contains SEM(Scanning electron
Microscope image) of the vortex structure in Superconductor.
  I want to see and manipulate this file in Mathematica. But I do not
know how to open this file in Mathematica. Can anyone help me regarding
this.

  Thanking you,
   Yours Sincerely,
Nilay saha