Mathematica and Visual basic

Where might I find resources to link a GUI created in Visual Basic
(version 5.0) to the Mathematica kernel? I would like the user to be
able to enter input into the front-end created by Visual Basic, have
the front-end call the Mathematica kernel to perform calculations and
then return the answer to the front-end. Is there a way to expose
Mathematica's object library via OLE?

                                                Thanks

                                                Richard Bryant
                                                rbrasta@u.washington.edu