*May
*June
*July
*August
*September
*October
*November
*December

Background jobs with Mathematica 3.0 under Linux ?

Hi,

I would like to use Mathematica 3.0 on our Linux system to run some of
my notebooks in the background. Normally, I would mark the cells I want
to be evaluated as initialization cells and then type a command line
like:

math -batchoutput  < test.nb &

Unfortunately I keep getting the error message: "Cannot initialize Motif
window graphic".
What went wrong ?  With Mathematica 2.2 it worked that way !

Any help is appreciated

                        Axel Kowald