Re: Date in Header/Footer ??

On 9 Jan 1998, Kowald wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm using Mathematica 3.0 and I would like to have the current date in
> the Header/Footer when I print my notebooks. Examples are given for the
> filename or page number but not for the date. Can anyone help ???

Just add a ValueBox or change the arguments to the ValueBoxes that you
have in there.  Here are some possibilities since you didn't say what
form you wanted the dat

	ValueBox["Date"]	1/9/98
	ValueBox["DateLong"]	Friday, January 9, 1998

Or you can use pieces to build a date the way you like it.  This
expression:

Cell[TextData[{ValueBox["Day"],".",ValueBox["Month"],".",ValueBox["Year"]}],
  "Header"]

creates the output "9.1.1998" in italics.

See the FAQ pages:

http://www.wolfram.com/support/FrontEnds/Printing/HeadFoot.html
http://www.wolfram.com/support/FrontEnds/Printing/DefaultHeadFoot.html

for more information.

To see what arguments a ValueBox can take, click open the Input ->
Create Value Display Object....  The dialog box has several of those
expandable scroll menus that break the values down into groups.

--
P.J. Hinton
Mathematica Programming Group           paulh@wolfram.com Wolfram