Re: Save a sequence of images as a QuickTime file?

  • To: mathgroup@smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg10360] Re: Save a sequence of images as a QuickTime file?
  • From: Paul Abbott <paul@physics.uwa.edu.au>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 1998 04:09:56 -0500

Jim Jennings wrote:

> I am having trouble saving a sequence of images as a QuickTime file with
> Mathematica 3.0 on a Macintosh.  I have created a sequence of grouped
> images with a command like:
>
> Table[Show[Graphics[images[[i]]]],{i,nimages}];
>
> They animate nicely by selecting the group & doing the front end menu
> item "Animate Seected Graphics" under the Cell menu.
>
> Now I would like to save the sequence as a QuickTime file.  So I select
> the group & do the front end menu item "Save Selection As... QuickTime"
> under the Edit menu.  When it is over I get a QuickTime file, but it
> only has the first frame in it.

Not quite.  Only the first frame is displayed in a Notebook.  However,
try double-clicking on this image (or use Animate selected graphics
under the Cell menu).  If you look at the QuickTime file outside of
Mathematica you will see that all the frames are there.

Cheers,
	Paul

The University of Western Australia            Nedlands WA  6907
mailto:paul@physics.uwa.edu.au  AUSTRALIA
http://www.pd.uwa.edu.au/~paul

            God IS a weakly left-handed dice player