RE: ListPlot

PlotJoined is an option, and can take two values: PlotJoined->True
If you do not explicitely specify a value for an option, the default
value is used; for ListPlot, evaluate: Options[ListPlot]
which will give you the default setting for PlotJoined

If you try to evaluate
there is no value attached to PlotJoined, and Mathematica can not
understand the command, then returning an empty frame.

Hope this helps,

Jean-Marie THOMAS
Conseil et Audit en Ingenierie de Calcul
+33 (0)3 88 32 93 64