*July
*August
*September
*October
*November
*December

Shooting Problem

Hello,
       I have a system of two differential equations, k'[t] and c'[t].
In the problem I am working with I know the initial condition for k,
k[0]=a and I know a steady state or boundary condition k[sometime]=b.
The problem is to choose c[0] so that k[t] arrives (sometime) at point
b (which is a steady state).  In puttering around with this problem
I've been use NDSolve to generate paths beginning at k[0]=a and c[0]=x.
Then  by trial and error I vary x until I have a path such that
k[sometime] reaches b or very near b.  Obviously, I would like an
interative procedure to do this automatically.  Has anyone written such
a procedure already?  I beleive this method of solving this type of
problem is called the shooting method.

Thanks
--
Alex Tabarrok