Re: Contour plot of irregularly spaced data
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: [mg10596] Re: Contour plot of irregularly spaced data
- From: "P.J. Hinton" <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 04:42:28 -0500
- Organization: Wolfram Research, Inc.
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 20 Jan 1998, Serge Crouzy wrote:
> Dear Mathematica users,
> How can I make a contour plot of irregularly spaced data ?
> Namely, I read a file containing 3 columns
> x1 y1 z1
> x2 y2 z2
> xn yn zn
> And I want to make a contour plot of the zi, located at
> coordinates (xi,yi) in the plane...
> Thanks a lot for your help
See Chapter 18, Section 4 of the book _Mathematica Graphics: Techniques
& Applications_ by Tom Wickham-Jones. The subsection "Contour Plots"
provides an example of a contour plot of irregularly spaced data. The
example makes use of special packages written for use with the book as
well as a MathLink executable, which performs the triangluation.
Mathematica Programming Group email@example.com Wolfram
Research, Inc. http://www.wolfram.com/~paulh/
Prev by Date:
Re: iterative function query
Next by Date:
Anderson-Darling Goodness of Fit Test
Prev by thread:
Contour plot of irregularly spaced data
Next by thread:
Re: Shooting Problem (fwd)