Bit-wise operations?

I'm surprised that the basic bit-wise operations (xor, and, or, not,
shift, rotate, etc.) are not defined in Mathematica.

It's fairly straightforward to build the set using IntegerDigits[num, 2,
wordLength], and wrapping Mod[mumble,2] around the results, but I'm
wondering whether I just missed them somewhere.

Before I spend the time to build this package, does it exist already?

  - Stoney

Stonewall Ballard                    StoneSoft, Inc. Remove ".nospam"
before replying