Re: Flattening systems of eqns: And the winner is...

  • To:
  • Subject: [mg10646] Re: Flattening systems of eqns: And the winner is...
  • From: "Xah" <>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 03:10:10 -0500

(original message attached at the end)

I just want to point out that there are reasons where
SetAttributes[Equal,Listable] may not be a preferred solution than
using Flatten and Thread.

* Some people prefer not to touch build-in functions. * Some people
prefer not to use Attribute system in Mathematica. (me. Because it's
"too" idiomatic programing)

 New Programing Paradigm: Parallel execution of bugs and C/C++

In article <6a1pj2$>, Selwyn Hollis
<> wrote: Recently I posted the
following question:

>What is the  simplest way to convert a system of equations like this:
>into this:

I've received several responses, most of which suggest some variation of
Thread and Flatten. However the _best_ response was from Jens,  who
pointed out that one can